Tuesday

Can't Touch This....

So a while back Zach learned of my fear of spiders, snakes, rodents, etc.  From this he got this GREAT [sarcastic] idea of making me go in a crawl space.  His first attempt was last Monday.  Boy did I dodge a bullet.  Someone stole a couple of watches out of his car so he was extremely late getting to the inspection.  Wheeew.  I mean I hate they stole his watches but, I really didn't want to go under a house in a world of spiders, bugs, and grossness [not a word, I know].  Well I got a big surprise on Friday morning.  Zach comes in and asks me "Are you ready for an adventure?"  Meanwhile he has this devilish grin on his face.  I was immediately scared to death.

Surprise!  Surprise!  The adventure was to go in a crawl space.  Mind you, I had on my best fitting jeans and high heels because Happy Hour was that afternoon.  I just was not prepared for this.  Actually, how do you prepare for something like this?  I guess with a hazmat suit!  I kept thinking of ways to sneak home and change clothes or at least get some different shoes!  When I heard the words "Zach lets go grab lunch," it was music to my ears.  This was my one shot to jet home and change.  As soon as Zach walked out the door, I ran to my car.  I get home and within 3 minutes my phone is ringing...Guess Who???  ZACH!!!  I said SHIT!  I have been caught! :)  He said "Candace, did you go home to change clothes?!!?"  I said "No....but is it okay if I came to get some tennis shoes?"  He just laughed.

Well we get to the house.  My head and stomach are just not feeling so great.  They open the crawl space door and one by one we crawled in.  I literally didn't move once inside.  I was about 2 inches from the door in case something were to start coming in my direction.  And I am pretty sure that I did not breathe for about 7 minutes.  I really wanted to take a picture for you guys as proof but, I was too scared to move.  Zach said that my face, while I was in there, was priceless.  I'm sure it was because anyone that knows me, knows that my face says it all! 

As soon as I got out, I breathed a sigh of relief!  I really just did that?!?!  I DID!!!  And all of a sudden I had this huge rush of feeling like I was going to barf!  Between the heat, holding my breath, the smell, the anxiety...it seemed only natural.  We get in the car and Zach says "So you did it, what did you think?"  My response [with a horrible face] "I seriously think I am about to barf, lets not talk."

All in all, I guess it could have been worse.  I mean a snake, rat, etc. could have been in there waiting for me, in which I would have peed my pants.  I would not suggest anyone ever doing this unless you like spiders, horrible smells, being in close quarters with others [people and rodents].  It is not fun. 

I must admit though, after doing this, I feel like I can do anything.  Who wants to go skydiving?!?! [totally kidding]

No comments:

Post a Comment