Thursday

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!


Besides my birthday, Christmas is my favorite day of the year.  I get to spend it with all of the people I love.  I love seeing their faces when they tear open those presents.  Most of the time, presents they already knew they were getting! For the first time in years, I had my Christmas shopping complete 
except for the good ol' bossman of mine. 

What to buy the man that has everything a.k.a. Zachary???  Who knew buying a Christmas gift could be so hard.  I asked several people in the office what they thought I should buy him.  Some said bake him a cake.  Some said buy him something nice.  I wanted to do both!  But, the only thing I heard him talk about is an iPad case from J Crew.  So when it came down to it, I decided I would bake him a homemade red velvet cake and get him the iPad case.  Easy enough right?!? WRONG! 

After that, there were two major problems: (1) The iPad case he wanted was not available in any NC stores and, (2) The cake layers stuck to the pans.  Could it get any worse.  With no time to make another cake and no time to wait on a shipment, I had to be clever!  I made the cake look as decent as possible.  And I got him a giftcard to J.Crew so he could get the case himself.  Funny Side note, on the Friday before I was planning to give it to him, he was talking about someone else and mentioned that he HATES giftcards. (OH SH*T) I know my face was priceless.

In the end he loved them both, or so it seemed!  I think anything from the heart will always be appreciated and loved.  Below is a picture of the finished product! (A hott mess I know)



Here's to a Merry Christmas to all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment