Thursday

Just a Kidd...


Something that is near and dear to my heart is my older brother, Skyler.  Skyler served in the Marines for 4 years.  While in Afghanistan, he was a dog handler.  His dog's name was Kidd.  Isn't he the cutest thing ever?!!  The dog, not my brother! :) Well here's a story to warm your hearts...


        

Each dog is allowed to serve a certain amount of trips overseas.  Forgive me, the actual amount of trips has escaped me.  But after those trips are served, the dog can be adopted.  So, Skyler put his name on the list because he just had to have Kidd, given the chance.  This dog not only served his country, but became a great companion for my brother.  I have no doubt in my mind, Kidd played a huge role in my brother's sanity while serving in Afghanistan.  Today the old pals were reunited, for life.  I am so happy for my brother because I know how much he loves Kidd.  I can't wait to meet my nephew!  :)

Today, I salute you Kidd.    

3 comments:

  1. Such a cool post. Thanks for sharing our brother & Kidd's story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great story. I'm sure when they reunited, it was emotional. Salute! To Kidd and your Brother!

    ReplyDelete