Tuesday

Social Media + Real Estate = $Networking$

So while I was waiting for TEMPO class to start today I picked up a piece of paper that talked about social media.  Its all the rage these days right?  Not so much for a lot of real estate agents.  Below I have given a few excerpts from this article that I found compelling.

"Perhaps the most remarkable thing about online networking is the wide range of reactions it stirs up.  Some real estate professionals swear by it.  Others say it's a diversion at best - and an utter waster of time at worst."  I would have to say that I completely DISAGREE with those that think it is a waste of time.  If you talk to any agent at Go Realty they will make you a believer in Social Media from their success stories.  They have gotten listing appointments, buyers, referrals, etc. 

"Somewhere between these extremes is the reality of how the social web is changing the profession.  While it might not be a good fit for everyone, millions of people are using it to communicate and its popularity shows no signs of fading."  I AGREE.  Social Media isn't going anywhere.  Just last week, GOOGLE+ was launched as yet another social media site.   So together lets count: Facebook, Twitter, Yammer, Blogger, shall we continue???  The truth is in the pudding!  Its time to adapt to the changing times as hard as it may seem.  Trust, it will expand your business!

So you ask, how do I use them?  How do I use them effectively for my business?  Stay tuned for more!


***Excerpts are from an article in Realtor Magazine, Septemeber 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment