Thursday

Is It Friday Yet?

As I am getting ready for work this morning, I get an email from the buyer's agent that had our home on Heidinger under contract.  And as I open it I see the dreaded words "I hate to inform you of this...."  My morning went from 8 to 0.  He goes on to say that the buyers were terminating because they still hadn't received the property disclosure.  What starts flashing in my mind??  The email that I got at 4:57pm on Friday when I was at another property putting the lockbox out.  I ran to my computer to see if I forwarded the email because I told myself to do it when I left the property.  Did I forward it....NOPE!  BIG FAT, NOPE!!!  Now, my day had gone from 0 to -100, real fast. 

Basically the deal is dead because I forgot to forward an email!  Could I feel more like poop?!?!?  Ugh! I began to apologize profusely to Zach.  I felt like crying but I couldn't because I was running so late!  All I could hear is Evelyn from Basketball Wives saying "Get It Together Boo Boo!  Get It Together!"  I start running around my apartment trying to get ready as fast as I can [of course "I have nothing to wear"].  In the process, I forget to turn the coffee maker on.  Really???  I couldn't pass on coffee, it was a necessity for the rest of this day!  Finally, I'm walking out the door at 8:56am.  Yes, I am supposed to be at work at 9.  I start thinking, how can one simple email throw my entire morning off this badly.  Normally I am at work by 8:50. 

For the first and only time you will probably ever hear me say this, "Thank God For Traffic!!"  There was a wreck on 40 so I didn't feel as bad about being late.  :)  I start working and anxiously awaiting Zach.  I felt like a child waiting for his parents to come home to see his horrible report card.  The look of disappointment is the worst!!  Zach enters on the phone...more waiting.  I intently listen to hear him say "bye" so I can walk in with my tail between my legs.  "I feel like poo poo, I am so sorry."  He smirks and proceeds to tell me that he doesn't think that me not forwarding the email is the real reason.  Wheewww.  We talked about how to avoid this in the furture and went on with the rest of our days.  After such a horrible morning, the day turned out to be not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment