Monday

Healthy Life, Happy Life.

You know we all hate working out.  We all have to dig down deep to find the motivation to get out of bed and go to the gym.  That's all true until you realize that living a healthy life leads to a happier life.

Recently, I made a promise to myself to get in better shape and live a healthier life.  Since that promise, I have become a stronger runner.  I have been working out 4-5 times a week.  I have maintained my relatively healthy diet.  I believe in eating whatever you want, IN MODERATION! As a result, I just mentally feel better.  Physically, my entire body hates me (I have been so sore)! We all know that after a good run or workout we feel so energized! So why not do it more often!?

Some things that I feel have made the change easier:

- Following folks on Instagram & Pinterest that are also active.  Seeing their results is very motivating!

- Gradually increasing the workout times and days.  Slow and steady is the key to building endurance.

- Do not buy junk food.  If it's not in your house, you can't eat it!

- Drink tons of water.  Anyone who knows me,  knows I drink water religiously!

- Buy a new workout outfit.  I know it sounds silly but I get so excited to wear new running shorts!

- Change it up.  Don't do the same thing every day, that's boring! Kickball, Running, Circuit, Yoga, etc.


Here are a few people that are great to follow for motivation:

Tone It Up - Great Workouts and Recipes!

Lauren Conrad - Great Recipes!


Here's to living a healthier, happier life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment