Thursday

B.F.E.

So, before I took this job I thought of myself as one with a good sense of direction.  I am seriously starting to question this now.  I can't count on my fingers and toes how many times I have gotten lost in the short period of 2 1/2 months.  I really just don't understand.  I Yahoo-Map the directions and yet I still end up lost.  I mean, one day I ended up in B.F.E.  I was supposed to be close to Downtown Raleigh and I was in Youngsville!!  For anyone not familar with the area, like me apparently, that is in complete opposite directions.  30 minutes in the wrong direction to be exact!  I was so ill and cussing like a sailor.  My mom was on the phone laughing at me because apparently me lost is comical!  [not for me]  I would say that is probably the worst thus far.

But just today, I followed the directions and turned around twice just to find the road I was supposed to turn on off of Capital.  Want to know why?  Because there is a median and you can't "Turn Right on Dennis."  Actually, you can't turn right or left!!!!  I mean these things should be in the directions.  Yahoo Maps should know this!!  They should know that you have to turn right on Fenton, then turn Right on some other street and then you are at Dennis.  I mean really????  Yahoo-Maps must think I have all the time in the world to get lost in Raleigh.  Needless to say what should have been a 20 minute trip turned into a 50 minute trip. 

After this morning's "adventure" I am now wondering if it is me?  Or is it that the directions are useless.  I mean honestly I would have been better off leaving my house and playing a guessing game.  "I think I will turn Left here."  "I think I will turn Right here." 

No comments:

Post a Comment